- Internal sensor temperature with offset
The offset setting is only accessible through Garmin app.
There are 4 options provided, using different Garmin API:
1) raw: Ambient (local) barometric pressure as measured by the internal pressure sensor. The data is the temperature compensated information read directly from the internal sensor.
2) ambient: Ambient (local) barometric pressure as measured by the pressure sensor. The data is smoothed by a two-stage filter to reduce noise and instantaneous variation.
3) sea level: Barometric pressure calibrated to sea level. Since pressure varies dues to several factors, a GPS-based altitude must first be obtained, then the ambient (local) pressure is measured by the pressure sensor before conversion to a calibrated barometric pressure value.
4) history: Pressure read using Sensor History Iterator. Garmin does not seem to specify what kind of reading this is (or I have not managed to find it in the documentation), but based on empirical tests it is likely to produce closest results to Garmin’s barometer widget readings.
The pressure unit setting is only accessible through Garmin app.