NOTE: This post describes combined new features of releases 2.18.0 and 2.17.0, since they were made in quick succession.
- 6 new data points (stress, body battery, respiration rate, time to recovery, VO2Max (running + cycling)*
- Battery in days added if battery info is displayed in data fields Opt 1 – Opt 4*
- Location fallback to Garmin weather if not available from activity**
- Oversize HR and seconds / Oversize data options now also available on AMOLED/LCD devices
- 2 more custom colors
- 2 additional data fields (Opt 5 between Opt 1 and Opt 2 and Opt 6 between Opt 3 and Opt 4)
- Top icons text hidden when the icon color is the same as the background color
- ‘Feels like’ can be selected for all data fields
- ‘Chance of rain’ renamed to ‘Precipitation’. If it is selected for Opt 1 – Opt 4, precipitation volume [mm] will be appended if available
- More data options for ‘Right data’ and ‘When seconds off, show’ fields
(*) The highly anticipated new data is only available on some devices and may require firmware update from Garmin before it starts working. So it may happen that it will not be displayed on your watch yet (you will see “–” instead).
To check if your device is compatible, go to the watch menu System / About / SW versions and look for “Connect IQ System 5” or “API level” higher than 3.3.0.
It has been tested OK on Garmin’s simulator and on a real Venu, so hopefully it should be working on your watch too, as soon as the update to System 5 arrives.
Connect IQ System 5 has rolled out on a number of devices with more coming:
|Now Available||Public Beta Available||Coming Soon|
|Forerunner® 245 Series|
Forerunner® 945 LTE
Venu® 2 Series
Venu® 2 Plus Series
Vivoactive 4 Series
Edge® 1030 Plus
|epixTM (gen 2)|
fēnix® 5 Plus Series
fēnix® 6 Series
fēnix® 7 Series
Instinct® 2 Series
Venu® Sq Series
(**) This is only available on devices running Connect IQ 3.2.x and supporting Garmin weather