Connect IQ watch face settings can be adjusted in two ways:
1. Directly on the watch, if the watch and the app allows it
To do this, first you need to get to the watch face selection menu on your watch. When you are there and your face of choice is being shown, you will always be presented with the “Apply” option. If the settings on the watch are supported, you will also see another choice “Customize”.
2. Through a Garmin app
To customize Connect IQ watch faces settings, you will need to use one of the available Garmin tools:
- Garmin Express for PC or Mac (http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html)
- Garmin Connect IQ (iOS or Android)
Each of these tools has its pros and cons:
+ You can uninstall the watch face currently active on your watch.
– You won’t see the results of your changes until you disconnect the watch from the computer, so if you want to try different settings to decide which you like most, this will be somewhat tedious.
Garmin Connect IQ
+ You can see the setting changes effect immediately after you press ‘Save’ button, which generally makes the adjustments easier and faster. This is usually much more convenient than with Garmin Express.
– Connect IQ app is quite remarkable for its poor engineering quality. So you may find that some things just don’t work there, and in such case it is always good to try with Garmin Express which appears to be more reliable.
– You may not be able to uninstall the currently active watch face, which means you need to switch to another screen on your watch first. This is just the way Garmin has done it and it seems to be one of the most common reasons for users’ frustration judging from the comments they leave on the review pages.
Please note that changing the settings with Garmin apps requires an active internet connection.